ISO 9001 Certification is one of the international standards from the quality management system standards family of ISO 9000. This standard defines all the requirements of a quality management system that guides organizations to meet the regulatory and statutory requirements for products and services. It also helps organizations to meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders.
Although the standard might appear to be a complex concept, it is quite simple. The standard mentions seven quality management principles that help you to define your quality management system.
The standard was first introduced in 1987 but has since been updated many times with its recent version introduced in 2015. ISO 9001:2015 incorporates all the needs of modern business focusing on stakeholders and the wider role of the organization.
ISO 9001 is not restricted to being used by huge business enterprises. This standard can be used by any organization irrespective of its size or type. It is purchased at a reasonable price from an ISO member in India. Hiring an ISO certification consultant further simplifies and accelerates the process of getting a certificate.
Financial Benefits of Getting an ISO Certification
Even though you have to make some payment to get the certification, it proves to be financially beneficial in the long run fetching return on investment. Here are a few ways in which ISO 9001 can prove to be financially beneficial:
- The ISO 9001 Certification lowers the costs of your operations by increasing productivity and efficiency.
- The use of this standard enhances the experience of your customers. This results in higher customer retention and repeat business opportunities. The sales and profits of your business improve significantly.
- When you get an ISO 9001 certification, your reputation and brand value are increased. This attracts new customers and builds a better relationship with other stakeholders.
Why Must You Get an ISO?
By getting an ISO 9001 certification, you can effectively implement a quality management system that proves to be helpful for your organization.
- You can define your objectives clearly as the standard allows you to assess the overall framework of your organization. When you know whom your operations affect and what is expected from you, you can adopt an approach to meet all those expectations
- As the ISO 9001 ensures that you consistently meet the needs of your customers and enhance their satisfaction, you increase your customer attraction and retention rate. This improves your sales and revenue earned.
- This international standard ensures that you follow all the quality management requirements. By establishing a robust quality management system, you can work in an efficient manner as your processes are well aligned with your business objective. As everyone in your business organization understands your objective clearly, productivity is enhanced and costs are reduced.
- The ISO 9001 ensures that you meet all the statutory and regulatory requirements and hence never get stuck in quality or legal issues.
- When you have an ISO 9001 certification, expanding to new markets is easy. This is because different markets and clients require this certification.
- ISO 9001 helps you to assess your business organization which helps you to identify your risks and addresses them.
The Standard has many benefits, all you need to do is show precision in getting the certification. ISO 9001 requires you to document a limited number of things. With the help of an ISO certification consultant, you can easily get the certification and start fetching all the benefits of the standard.